Best Unique Coffee Mugs
Mugs are household items we often take for granted in our daily morning rituals. Whether at work or at home, a mug will be something present in your morning routine. If your mug's starting to bore you, perhaps these unique coffee mugs can help.
Read our Best Unique Coffee Mugs Review to find out.
Our Best Unique Coffee Mugs for 2021
- Clay in Motion Medium Mug (Cobalt Canyon)
- Kpcuisite Tea Cup Coffee Mug Glassess Cups & Spoon Beautiful Unique Gift For Women Butterfly Rose
- FAB Starpoint Disney Beauty and the Beast Chip Mug with Gold Foil Printing, 8 Ounces
- Cortunex Heat Changing, Color Changing Mug With A Yellow Drunk Funny Smiley Face, 11 Oz
- Handwarmer Cape Shore Handwarmer Coffee Cup with Beach Batik Starfish Design, 18 Ounce
- Grandma Nutritional Facts Mug
- Personalized 20 Year Anniversary Gift, Heart Mugs
- Anniversary Wedding Couple Set Personalized Unique Coffee Mug Set
- Design Your Own Chalkboard Mug
- Personalized Honeycomb Family Photos Custom Latte Mug
- Custom Speckled Blue Campfire Mug
- English Setter PL2 Coffee Mug
Clay in Motion Medium Mug (Cobalt Canyon)
Color: Ocean Tide
Brand: Clay in Motion
Item Weight: 1.1 Pounds
Capacity: 16 Fluid Ounces
- Comes in a variety of sizes
- Each size can contain a large amount of liquid
- The mug's heft is comfortable in hand
- The design is well-painted and durable
- Durable stoneware and will not break easily from daily use
- Handmade with love and care
- Locally made, perfect for those who want to support local businesses
- May be a bit too heavy for some people
- Can be too bulky for some storage spaces
- My arrive broken in package (but must be noted it can be returned with ease)
- Rim of mug may be too wide and spill to the sides while drinking
- Advertised sea-foam blue may look more cobalt blue in hand.
- Thumb indent is a bit small compared to the bulk of the mug
Kpcuisite Tea Cup Coffee Mug Glassess Cups & Spoon Beautiful Unique Gift For Women Butterfly Rose
Color: Rose Red/Clear
Item Weight: 12 ounces
Capacity: 12oz of fluid
- Beautifully crafted with plenty of minute detail
- Rose theme present throughout the mug is consistent and distinct
- Dainty aesthetic makes it pleasing to display on tea tables
- Small size makes it easy to store
- Comes with a good quality stirring spoon with the same rose aesthetic
- Glass is thick and reasonably decent in insulating heat
- Advertised capacity of 12oz of fluid is not accurate. It can only hold up to 8oz.
- Unique sculpts (such as a butterfly insignia) was not present in the final product
- Incidents of the handle breaking off from daily use.
- The fragile material and size of the item makes it susceptible to shattering
- Rose red colors in the advertised pictures were actually gold in the final product
- While it looks delicate, it is actually quite heavy and unwieldy in hand.
- May be better suited as a display piece than a functioning container for your drink
- Some coloring is off, with uneven paint strokes found on some versions of this item.
FAB Starpoint Disney Beauty and the Beast Chip Mug with Gold Foil Printing, 8 Ounces
Color: Primarily white, but there are several colors to detail the cup
Brand: FAB Starpoint
Item Weight: 7oz
Capacity: 8oz of fluid
- Paint application is done well and captures the cartoon aesthetic
- The sculpt work is accurate to the movie, down to the intentional chip on the rim of the cup.
- Can still be used as a functional tea cup even with the design
- Overall durability is impressive for a glass cup, and does not easily chip after a fall.
- Beauty and the Beast fans praise it for its display presence.
- Some releases don't have the mouth painted on.
- Certain releases of the product were shipped with severe damage despite good packaging.
- Not dishwasher safe, can fade the paint severely.
- In the same vein, also not microwave safe.
- Fluid capacity is lower than advertised.
- Despite that, physical size is bigger than advertised too.
- Supplier provided the wrong item entirely, though it was also a Chip character cup.
- The bottom of the cup is very narrow. This makes it difficult to wash by hand if there's still residue in there.
Cortunex Heat Changing, Color Changing Mug With A Yellow Drunk Funny Smiley Face, 11 Oz
Color: Black "Frowning" Design (default color) Yellow "Drunk" Design (upon being filled with coffee)
Capacity: 11oz of fluid
- The mug works as intended, and changes color upon introduction to heat
- The color change happens relatively quickly as well.
- Color change is retained even as the liquid in the mug is consumed
- The color change effect is entertaining to family and friends
- Great conversation starter with guests
- Color change is not as advertised. Instead of the bright colors, the actual colors are muddy and almost brown in color.
- The Coffee mug's material is made up of a thin ceramic. This makes the outer layer of the mug more likely to chip and wrinkle.
- Not dishwasher/microwave safe. It affects the "color change" gimmick and can possibly even erase it.
- Mug can only hold 11oz and so will not satisfy those who like more liquid in one sitting
- Coffee mug handle has had incidents of breaking from use after only a week
- Advertising of item in general tends to not show actual product's aesthetics
Handwarmer Cape Shore Handwarmer Coffee Cup with Beach Batik Starfish Design, 18 Ounce
Measurements: 5 inches in height, can hold up to 18oz of liquid.
Has a unique curved "handwarmer" handle
Designed to be easy to use for left-handed or right-handed people
Can be microwaved safely
Can be washed in the dishwasher safely
- "Hand Warmer" option is comfortable
- Thick handle adds a layer of security and stability to the product
- The ocean theme adds a layer of sentimentality for ocean lovers
- The weight of the cup makes it pleasant to hold
- Variants give users the option between two unique sea-themed aesthetics
- Cup gives a feeling of "being in the ocean" for those stuck at home during difficult times
- Thickness of the mug gives a comfortable bulk to the mug
- Handle may be too thick and wide for the drinker
- Aesthetic may look too "factory-made" for some people
- May be more suitable for "shelf display" than for actual use
- Item description does note that it is "Made in China", which may turn off people who would prefer to support local businesses.
- Not microwave safe and leads to cracks in the mug's structure
- Not dishwasher safe, and leads to chipping around the mug
- Possibility of leaks on some releases of the product
- Glaze around the rim of the mug fades easily.
Grandma Nutritional Facts Mug
Personalized 20 Year Anniversary Gift, Heart Mugs
Anniversary Wedding Couple Set Personalized Unique Coffee Mug Set
Design Your Own Chalkboard Mug
Personalized Honeycomb Family Photos Custom Latte Mug
Custom Speckled Blue Campfire Mug
English Setter PL2 Coffee Mug
Choosing Your Mug
There's a lot of things to consider when buying a new unique coffee mug. It's important to make sure your mug has the following characteristics to ensure a great coffee drinking experience. It may seem like a small thing, but considering you will be using your unique coffee mug everyday, those little moments of comfort can be helpful in getting you through the day.
A mug is an item that will be used on a daily basis. For coffee-fueled people out there, they'll probably be using it throughout the day as well. So, it only makes sense that when you use something that much, you want it to last.
It's inevitable that with the random things that can happen in everyday life, you might accidentally drop your mug or maybe put it down a little bit harder than you intended. Lastly, you have to ensure that it can survive a round trip in the microwave or dishwasher. Some handcrafted mugs do not fare well in these devices at all and break.
You can usually gauge this from the materials used on the mug, as well as the thickness of the mug itself.
In layman's terms, does it feel hot to the touch? Heat insulation is one of those invisible traits that people may take for granted, but it can make a huge difference in your coffee drinking experience. Some poor quality mugs can actually end up scalding your fingers because they do not insulate heat very well. This leads to some very unhappy fingers.
When picking a mug, make sure to pick a material and structure that insulates heat well. Ceramic is more porous than glass, for example, which makes it great for keeping the heat inwards. This means it helps keep your coffee warmer for longer.
For this trait, the thickness of the ceramic should be noted. It should be thick enough to insulate the heat for a long time.
A mug is something you see every day. For some, they see it multiple times a day due to constant coffee refills. It can be a huge boost to morale to have a mug that’s aesthetically pleasing. It can be a beautiful and unique sculpt work all around the mug. Perhaps a blend of your favorite colors, and for some, maybe a simple print of their favorite character from fiction. In any case, a mug that you like to look at could improve your mood significantly.
In other words, a mug should be like a familiar friend, ready to welcome you for another day.
While it may seem silly since all mugs are basically cylinders, there is a lot of subtleties that can affect the way the fluid flows from the mug to your mouth. Pay attention to the shape of the lid. A nice and wide lid means liquid flows smoothly without spilling over the sides.
The body itself shouldn't be too bulbous or too narrow. The shape should also make it easy to hold or sit nicely on a flat surface. You should be able to drink that last drop of coffee without having to tilt your coffee mug all the way.
Mugs come in all shapes and sizes. Some can even have non-standard shapes from the usual squat cylinder we're used to. Of course, at the end of the day, we want to be able to bring it around. Perhaps for some, they only have their mugs at the table. Some people, perhaps wanting to stroll around their porch or have a look around the office, like to walk with their mugs. Having it be easy to hold is an important trait to note for people interested in taking sips while walking.
For this trait, you want to pay attention to not only the handle of your mug, but also the weight. A heavy mug can be tiresome on your wrist. On the other hand, a mug that is too light can lead you to accidentally spill your drink from all the moving around, or worse, while waving it around in a conversation.
As said above, mugs come in all shapes and sizes. Some people may have multiple mugs. For people with limited storage space, it's important to take note of how you'll be storing these mugs. Having your mugs of a uniform shape, perhaps even stack-able, will save a lot on space, and has the additional function of acting as decor for your kitchen. Even when not in use, your mugs can help spice up your home.
Truly, we saved the best for last. Overall, the clear winner of this roundup was our 5th item, the Clay in Motion Mug (Ocean Tide). Let's go back to the qualities that make a good mug from earlier in the article to see why this item in particular is the best unique coffee mug of the bunch.
Compared to the rest of the items, this mug is bulky and hefty without being too unwieldy in shape. This makes it much more durable to constant use. In addition, it is the only item on this list that is 100% confirmed and advertised as microwave and dishwasher safe.
The thickness of the body ensures that not only will it retain your coffee's heat for a long time, it will also protect your fingers from intense heat. Unlike the rest of the other mugs, this item's design is simple and durable. It's a beautifully painted ocean theme with hints of both light and dark colors to satisfy the morning mood