Best Keurig Coffee Maker
If you are the type of person who’s too busy to wait for a standard cup of drip coffee, you need the best Keurig coffee maker in your life. This article will teach you about the best product, and you will also receive solid recommendations based on our personal reviews.
Read our Best Keurig Coffee Maker Review to find out.
Our Best Keurig Coffee Maker for 2021
- Keurig K155 Office Pro Commercial Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer, Silver, Extra Large 90 oz - (Editors choice - High Quality)
- Keurig K-Cafe Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee - (Runner Up)
- Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer with Iced Coffee Capability - (Amazing product)
- Keurig K-Mini Plus Maker Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer Comes with 6 to 12 Oz - (Great Product)
- Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer, 6 to 10 Oz. - (Affordable Product)
Keurig K155 Office Pro Commercial Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer, Silver, Extra Large 90 oz
This is a Keurig machine that will fit well in an office-type environment with its sleek, metallic design. Also, this machine has a huge 90oz water reservoir, making it capable of serving up to 18 cups at a time.
One feature that certainly puts this coffee maker above the rest is its intuitive and easy-to-understand touch screen LCD display. This machine also allows users to choose from 4 different serving sizes, and it also has a removable drip tray, so even tall travel containers can fit inside it.
This would have been near-perfect, but it does malfunction quite a lot, specifically the water reservoir. The machine would often display an error message that says the user needs to remove the water container and put it back to continue.
- Has a huge 90oz water reservoir, enough for at least 18 cups
- Equipped with a large, touch screen display/control panel
- Allows the user to choose different serving sizes, from a standard cup to a tall travel mug
- Brews quite fast; finishes brewing a cup in under a minute
- Has a sleek and stylish design; perfect for modern design aesthetics
- Easy to drain internal hot water tank for easy transport
- Brews quietly; perfect for an office environment
- Allows user to choose brewing temperature
- Turns off automatically to save electricity
- Water pressure sensor malfunctions often, and cannot use purified water
Keurig K-Cafe Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee
Keurig is known for making some of the best coffee makers, and this one is not an exception. This has all the features that will make you feel like you have your own personal coffee shop in your kitchen.
One of the best things about this machine is that it can use any K-cup coffee pod that is commercially-available. It can even use the universal, reusable K-cup filters, so you can use your own coffee if you want to.
However, this machine will draw quite a lot of amps from your home’s electric circuit, so there’s a chance that it will trip your circuit breaker quite often. If you will be getting this machine, it is best that it has its own circuit and fuse.
- Comes with its own milk frother
- Has a large 60oz (1.7L) reservoir
- Does not have a DRM system; it can use any K-pod brands and the reusable ones as well
- Can accommodate tall travel mugs
- Can use refillable coffee pods; you can use your own coffee if you’d like
- Turns off automatically after two hours
- No need to wait for the water to heat up; the machine heats up the water when needed
- Has an easy-to-understand button layout
- Can also brew a stronger cup of coffee, for when you need an extra jolt
- The auto-off function trips certain types of circuit breakers
Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer with Iced Coffee Capability
Unlike the other single-serve Keurig models, the K-Elite has the option for brewing cold coffee-based beverages. It factors in the amount of ice in a full tumbler and will only brew just enough to fill the container. In addition, you can also use this machine just as a hot water dispenser, for when you need some for your soups or instant ramen.
This also has a substantially-large water reservoir, 75oz to be exact, which is a good size for a family of coffee lovers. This has enough water to make 8 cups before it needs refilling. In addition, this machine can brew a cup in just a minute or two.
The problem with this coffee maker is that you should not use distilled or pure water. If you do, the water will continue dispensing until the reservoir is completely empty. This is due to the electronic sensor that detects minerals in the water for de-scaling; since distilled water is devoid of minerals, it will not trip the sensor, causing the water to flow freely.
- Large water reservoir; perfect for families
- Can accommodate re-usable plastic K-pods
- Allows user to choose different serving sizes
- Has an iced coffee option
- Can also be used as a hot water dispenser
- Brews coffee in just minutes
- Can be programmed to start brewing at a specific time
- Does not burn your coffee unlike traditional coffee makers
- Has a defective mineral sensor, don’t use purified or distilled water in this machine
Keurig K-Mini Plus Maker Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer Comes with 6 to 12 Oz
The best thing about this Keurig coffee maker is its very compact size. It is smaller than a roll of paper towels, making this the perfect size for small living spaces where counter space is a premium. It is so compact that you can even take it with you when you travel.
In addition to its minimalist design, the Keurig K-mini Plus is very easy to operate, as it only has two buttons; one for regular brewing, and a smaller one for when you want your coffee stronger than regular.
Just like the K-Elite, this Keurig coffee maker has trouble brewing using distilled water, or any water that is devoid of minerals. If you use distilled water, it will just continuously run until your cup overflows.
- Has a minimalist design that suits all décor
- Less than five inches wide; will fit in even the smallest of countertops
- Can use refillable plastic K-pods
- Brews in just minutes
- Easy operation; you only have two buttons to push
- Very energy-efficient; comes with an auto-off function
- Very portable, and easy to stow away
- Cannot use distilled water; mineralized water preferred
Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer, 6 to 10 Oz.
If you live on your own, then this is the perfect addition to your home. This classic machine from Keurig is quite possibly one of the best single-serve coffee machines available. In addition, you can choose from a wide variety of K-pods coming from the leading coffee brands.
Although this is a single-serve coffee maker, it does have a significantly large water reservoir (48oz capacity) that fits enough for up to six cups of coffee. This means you no longer need to refill the reservoir every time you use the machine.
This coffee maker is quite nice; however, it does not work consistently. There are times when the machine makes a half-decent cup of coffee. There are also times when the coffee comes out horrible, and then there are also times when the machine does not work.
- Has a large 48oz (1.3L) water reservoir
- Easy-to-understand, push button controls
- Relatively quiet compared to other machines
- Comes with a built-in water de-scaler that prevents calcium buildup
- Has a removable drip tray so you can fit a travel mug
- Has the capability to let user choose the size of the serving
- Has a very small footprint; can fit even in small apartments
- This coffee maker is not as consistent as the other models that Keurig made, mainly due to a design flaw
What is Keurig Coffee Maker?
A Keurig coffee maker is a machine that utilizes small coffee containers, often called “pods”, for brewing single-serve sizes of coffee. The Keurig works by punching holes through the coffee pod, and then sending a stream of pressurized boiling hot water through it.
Keurig is the name of the company that owns the patent for the technology and not just a brand of coffee maker.
Keurig vs. Regular Coffee Maker: What’s the Difference?
The biggest difference between a Keurig and a regular coffee maker is that the former uses a pod system for storing its coffee. The pods contain the coffee blend and nitrogen gas to keep the contents fresh.
Another difference is the serving size. Most Keurig coffee makers usually only produce one serving size per pod, unlike traditional coffee makers that come with carafes that hold at least several cups’ worth.
Advantages of a Keurig Coffee Maker?
There are certain advantages that you can get from a Keurig coffee maker that you won’t get from a traditional machine, such as:
Keurig machines are more convenient to use. Unlike traditional coffee machines that require you to do a number of steps before you get a cup of coffee, the Keurig machines only require three: put water in the reservoir, pop in a pod, and turn on the machine. The machine will immediately treat you with a nice cup of hot coffee.
Another advantage of the Keurig machines is that you can make different types of coffee, depending on the pod that you use. You can make cappuccinos, lattes, Americanos, and a lot more. You do not need your own personal barista to craft specialty coffee for you.
There will also be no wasted coffee. If you live alone, or if the other people in your home do not like coffee, having a Keurig means you will no longer waste good coffee.
How to Choose the Best Keurig Coffee Maker
If you are in the market for a brand-new Keurig coffee maker, you need to know what to look for so that you will get your money’s worth.
K-Mug and K-Carafe Compatible
Although most Keurig coffee makers are for single-serve portions, there might be times when you will be serving coffee to other people, or you just need a lot of coffee at once. For times like these, you should consider getting a Keurig machine that is compatible with K-mug and K-carafe pods.
Some coffee maker brands install Digital Rights Management systems in their machines so that owners can only use their brand of pods, which drastically lessens the number of choices of coffee you have. If you do not want the machine to limit the choices of coffee that you can have, get a machine that does not have a DRM system installed.
As mentioned earlier, there are certain Keurig machines that do not have a DRM system in place, but if you are set on using only a certain brand of coffee pod, then you should get the machine that the company produces.
Touch Screen Controls or Push-Button Controls
The choice of controls will be purely subjective as both have their sets of benefits. It will boil down to whether you like a haptic feedback when you press the controls.
Some types of coffee are best brewed at a certain temperature. If you are a stickler when it comes to your favorite caffeinated beverage, get a Keurig that allows you to set the brewing temperature.
If you cannot be bothered to refill the reservoir every time they want coffee, you should get a machine that has a substantial-sized tank, something along the lines of 1 liter will be good.
Programmable Keurig coffee makers just mean you can set the brewing temperature, the amount of water used, and even the time when the machine will turn on. There are many that already come with program presets so you don’t have to do it yourself.
This is a great coffee machine function that will help you save a lot of energy. What this does is it powers down the machine when not in use for a certain amount of time.
If you live alone and you don’t have guests over that often, getting a small Keurig machine is a good idea.
Iced Drinks Capability
Technically, this functionality does not mean that the machine dispenses cold drinks. It still makes hot coffee; however, the machine takes into consideration the amount of ice inside the tumbler, so you don’t get a watered-down drink. This is a great function if you like iced coffee beverages.
Removable Drip Tray
The drip tray’s purpose is to catch the stray drops of coffee, and it should be removable for easy cleaning. Another reason why the drip tray should be removable is so you can fit tall travel mugs underneath the outlet.
Among the different Keurig coffee makers listed, the one that stood above the rest is the Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker. This coffee maker has the perfect balance of size, capacity, and brewing options. This is the perfect choice whether you have a family who loves drinking coffee, or if you just live alone.
Another reason why this is the clear winner is because it does not have the serious design flaws that the other models have. If you are looking for the best Keurig coffee maker, one that can provide you with delicious coffee for many years, then get the Keurig K-Elite.