Best Nespresso Machine
Coffee isn’t just a drink, but it’s the lifeline of your daily activities. As such, having a great coffee maker that suits your needs makes life easier.
However, choosing the right coffeemaker that lives up to its reputation can be quite daunting, especially now that many competing brands are available on the market.
Read our Best Nespresso Machine Review to find out.
Our Best Nespresso Machine for 2021
- Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus Coffee and Espresso Machine, Stainless Steel - (Editors choice - High Quality)
- Nestle Nespresso Lattissima Pro Original Espresso Machine with Milk Frother by De'Longhi - (Runner Up)
- Nestle Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo Coffee and Espresso Machine Bundle with Aeroccino Milk Frother by De'Longhi, 7.7 fl. oz - (Amazing product)
- Breville BNV220BLK1BUC1 Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine, Black - (Great Product)
- Breville Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker, Red - (Affordable Product)
Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus Coffee and Espresso Machine, Stainless Steel
- The machine heats up quickly.
- It is easy to use since it’s equipped with a screen and buttons.
- The steam wand is very convenient, since it has an automatic self-cleaning of steam nozzle.
- You have options to customize your drink by adjusting the amount of coffee, temperature, and volume of milk froth/foam in the screen.
- The machine uses original capsules, which have alternatives.
f.The machine makes a nice creamy liquid that has a strong and rich flavor.
- Makes a loud noise, but it is bearable.
- The coffee sometimes tastes burnt.
Nestle Nespresso Lattissima Pro Original Espresso Machine with Milk Frother by De'Longhi
- The machine is fast in starting up.
- It is convenient and easy to use.
- It offers six easy pre-sets to choose from.
- The unit is fast and responsive.
- It is equipped with a water float that determines the water level.
- You can just make a selection while the machine heats up. You can then walk away, and come back after a minute.
- Equipped with a nozzle that lets you heat up water for tea.
- Expensive pods.
- Frother sometimes malfunctions.
Nestle Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo Coffee and Espresso Machine Bundle with Aeroccino Milk Frother by De'Longhi, 7.7 fl. oz
- Coffee tastes great and can be served easily.
- The machine has a great design and is easy to use.
- Equipped with a new extraction system which allows coffee to have a distinct flavor and aroma, along with a smooth and tasty foam.
- The milk frother is easy to use.
- It makes noise but is bearable
- The coffee doesn’t reach the optimal level of heat.
- Pods are placed in front instead of the back, which makes it bulkier.
- The Milk Frother takes additional time to use and clean up.
Breville BNV220BLK1BUC1 Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine, Black
- The design is suitable for small spaces and is easy to use.
- The quality of coffee is at par with espresso that you can drink in a café.
- It makes up to 5 sizes, ranging from 1.35 oz up to 14 oz. The capsules are also coded, but you can override it.
- The machine offers endless options when it comes to coffee and espresso.
- It is very easy to clean and convenient to use.
- There is a variety of options to choose from in terms of coffee pods.
- Nespresso Vertuo cups are the only ones that can be used.
- They are more expensive compared to K-cups.
- The coffee pods can’t be reused.
- The milk frother is sometimes malfunctioning.
- You’ll have to buy a separate milk frother.
Breville Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker, Red
- Creates a delicious and rich espresso /lungo.
- There’s a wide variety of coffee pods to choose from.
- It has a compact and sleek design.
- The machine automatically turns off.
- The machine heats up quickly.
- The machine makes an unbearable noise when building up pressure.
- The machine does not make a great crema.
- The machine is almost made of plastic, which is susceptible to burning.
- The water tank is too small, and water runs out quickly.
What is a Nespresso Machine?
Nespresso Machines are simple yet elegant, they are made to bring luxury coffee and espresso from your very own kitchen. Nespresso machines are equipped with a patented extraction system for a perfect pressure to produce an exceptional coffee that suits your taste.
Compared to others, Nespresso machines are geared more towards making espresso-style drinks, and not flavored coffee or tea. The machines work like a K-cup based coffee brewer. However, there is a couple of differences to take note.
- First, Nespresso machine capsules won’t fit with other brands.
- Second, all Nespresso machines work in the same manner when it comes to brewing beverages, although some models have extra features or larger water tanks.
- Third, Nespresso machines make two different shapes of coffee capsules;
- Cylindrical dome-shaped capsules that look like the disposable liquid coffee-creamer packages offered in cafés and restaurants.
- Hemisphere-shaped capsules.
Espresso and Nespresso: What’s the Difference?
Espresso is an Italian drink that has captivated the taste buds of coffee lovers the world over. It is brewed by forcing a small amount of boiling water under pressure from its water tank towards the finely ground coffee. Compared to other types of coffee, espresso contains more caffeine per unit volume. It has a higher concentration of coffee which, makes it much stronger and thicker.
The end product of an espresso machine is called as “shot” which has a creamy and rich flavor. A shot can be taken as is, or it can be used for other variants of coffee such as latte, cappuccino, ristretto, macchiato, or long black.
However, industry standard espresso is prepared using 9 bars (measurement of pressure). On the other hand, Nespresso boasts of machines that can produce pressure of up to 15 bars. Thus, Nespresso is said to have a stronger, thicker, and richer flavor compared to espresso.
Advantages of a Nespresso Machine
Here are the following advantages of Nespresso machines you should learn about:
- You can make your own coffee under a minute just by pressing a button.
- You can choose from just about any type of coffee. You can order the coffee of your own choosing, or even combine different coffees to make your own blends.
- You can choose the perfect blend and strength that suits your preferences, until you come up with the perfect cup for your taste.
- You can be a coffee lover and environment advocate at the same time. This is because Nespresso coffee pods are refillable, and don’t have to be discarded after use.
- You can choose from a variety of colors, including, silver, black, red, and white. Nespresso machines are sleek, compact, and boast of an award-winning design.
What to Look for When Buying a Nespresso Machine
Nespresso machines give you the convenience of enjoying a tasty cup of espresso at your very own home, but not all of them are created equal. In fact, given the variety of distinctive features available within the market, choosing one to buy that suits your needs is quite a headache!
One of the most challenging aspects of choosing the best Nespresso machine for you is knowing what you are looking for. So, here’s a few things you have to remember:
Original or Vertuo?
If you’re a cappuccino or latte drinker, Nespresso Original Machine is the right choice for you! It has a variety of coffee pods to choose from and offers better budget options for an authentic expresso experience.
On the other hand, if you have a flexible budget and aren’t always in a rush, Nespresso Vertuo Machine is for you! It takes more minutes to prepare, and is optimal for Americano and filter coffees. Coffee capsules are currently available only through Nespresso; thus, they can be quite a sum.
The technology used by Nespresso’s coffee machines allows it to create a blend of coffee at the perfect temperature. You can select the blend and cup of your choice. Let the machine get to work, and within minutes, your coffee is ready for you to enjoy.
The optimal temperature of water when brewing a coffee is between 91 degrees and 96 degrees. Reaching 100 degrees and boiling the water can burn the coffee while a perfect milk serving temperature is 60 degrees. This temperature allows the milk’s sugar content to break down, and deliver just the right blend of texture and sweetness.
The Vertuo Nespresso Line Series models have the same price range, while the Original Nespresso series covers a much wider range of prices you can choose from. If you are on a tight budget, the Original series model partnered with an Aeroccino is the best option you can have.
You can choose from Citiz, Essenza, and Pixie, which are much cheaper in comparison. However, if you love to drink coffee or espresso, choosing a model from the Vertuo series will be much cost-efficient since you’ll no longer need to buy separate machines to make both. Creatista and Lattissma are more expensive compared to the Original Series, but you can be assured that their performance are worth the money you pay for!
Another thing to remember is the price of each Espresso pod. Currently, you can only buy authentic espresso pods from Nespresso itself. However, you can find substitute pods for the machines from some other brands available on the market that cost less, and still have the same quality.
Types of Nespresso Machines
Nespresso Creatista is equipped with a great milk frothing product in the form of the Aeroccino. The Aeroccino add-on allows the user to transform a short, regular, or tall coffee into a nice, smooth, and frothy cappuccino or latte.
Nespresso Essenza range of machines are designed ergonomically and great compact. They are essentially created to make a delicious espresso or lungo drink! This machine is suitable for those who enjoy a good espresso but don’t need to rush things.
Nespresso Lattissima is a series of models built solely for the purpose of milk-based coffees, which are induced in lattes and cappuccinos. One of the most notable components of this machine is that it is equipped with a temperature regulator system that keeps the temperature of milk evenly, so as not to burn your milk, giving it a smooth and nice texture as it froths up.
Nespresso Vertuo Machine has a narrow and sleek profile which is very easy to notice due to its shiny color. Vertuo machines are equipped with Nespresso coffee pods that are uniquely designed to spin at about 7,000 rpm, which results in different flavors when extracted. The most notable thing to remember is that the coffee extracted from this machine has a strong and rich crema.
After reviewing different types of Nespresso Machines, we’ve come up with our top 2 choices!
Claiming our No. 1 spot is the Nespresso Creatista Plus Coffee and Espresso Machine by Breville, Stainless Steel. Out of all reviews out there, this Nespresso machine has garnered an outstanding rate of reviews that satisfy all your needs and wants. Aside from having a loud noise during preparation, it’s the only notable disadvantage this model has.
For our 2nd place, we have the Nespresso Lattissima Pro Original Espresso Machine with Milk Frother by De'Longhi. This machine has also garnered great reviews due to the ease of usage and fast heat up time. However, the downside of this one is that its coffee pod can be quite expensive, but it can be easily resolved by trying alternatives available in the market.
Each type has so many pros and cons, but at the end of the day, no matter what Nespresso you choose, it still makes the perfect espresso shot you need. We hope you come up with the most well thought out decision possible. If anyone knows how important making a decision on your daily caffeine dose is, it's got to be us.